Tropical mangroves are a rich repository of numerous species of trees and other plants as well as being an essential part of nature’s erosion prevention and filtration system, particularly vital in ensuring the continued health of coral offshore. But they are perhaps most well-known for harboring an interesting selection of wildlife, such as mangrove cat snakes, crocodiles, monitor lizards and perhaps the most curious of all, the proboscis monkey. Endemic only to certain parts of Borneo, these monkeys became known for their bright orange brownish coats, long white tails, and the protruding noses on the adult males. Head into the mangrove wilderness in an open boat for an adventure to spot these, and perhaps even more.
- Pick-up/Drop-off in Bandar Seri Begawan & its vicinity
- Land transport in air-conditioned vehicle
- Water transport in local water taxi boat
- English-speaking tour guide
- Visits/Stops as per itinerary
- Pick-up/Drop-off outside Bandar Seri Begawan & its vicinity
- Visits/Stops outside of the itinerary
- Food and drinks beyond those included
- Additional services beyond those stated
- Free gifts or souvenirs
Mangroves: Ride in open-sided, possibly unroofed wooden boat, 2 rows of front to back seating, boat goes up close and even into mangrove bush. Sun and rain exposure possible.
- Light airy clothing suitable for warm, humid weather
- Hat or cap
- Comfortable footwear with good grip
- Modesty in attire to be observed at all times
You might want to bring along
- Small bag
- Small towel (for sweat)
- Raincoat/Compact umbrella
- Sun lotion
- Notepad w/pen or pencil
- Medication (if required)
- Refillable water bottle
- Isotonic water
Terms & Conditions
Package provision subject to guest’s acceptance of the following:
- Provision of package is on a seat-in-coach basis. Cost based on Minimum 2 pax going. Extra charges will be levied for personal tours.
- The operator and its affiliates exclude any liability for any discomfort, death or injury occurring within our premises or on tours conducted resulting from guest’s own negligence or from circumstances, natural or otherwise, beyond reasonable foresight of the operator.
- Entry into museums, mosques and galleries on this tour are free-of-charge. Some air-conditioned venues require removal of footwear, so cotton socks are encouraged for those uncomfortable with cold tiled floors.
- Most venues involve steps, and do not have elevator facilities for those who have difficulty. However, guests with special needs/conditions requiring assistance may still be accommodated. Kindly state special needs/conditions at time of enquiry.
- Arrangement of visits and photo stops not necessarily in the order given in the itinerary.
- Any tours on Thursdays and Fridays have to take into consideration changes to itinerary, as mosques are closed on Thursdays and until late afternoon on Fridays (and subject closed due to religious functions), and museums and galleries close from 11:30-14:30hrs on Fridays. Kindly enquire for more information.
- Pick-up/Drop-off within BSB & its vicinity include all town centre hotels and locations, as well as hotels and locations at Mile 1, Kiulap, Gadong, Mata-Mata and Berakas, and excludes Jerudong area