Situated on the banks of the Temburong river, Sumbiling Eco Village is an eco lodge that offers amazing nature based activities including the famous trend, “glamping”. Home to the Iban Community, our aim is to achieve sustainability by preserving and maintaining the environment and utilizing existing resources. We also want to promote the harmonious and rich culture of the indigenous tribes of Borneo. Prepare to be enticed with their nature induced simple way of life, mysticism beliefs, culture and unique laws. The Sumbiling Eco Village practices responsible tourism, hence making it Brunei’s first eco tourism destination.
The surrounding area is an epitome of nature’s playground. Temburong district is separated from the rest of Brunei by Malaysia. The Ulu Temburong National Park is regarded as one of the best preserved rainforest areas in Borneo. Our SEV packages include fun filled trekking activities and nature excursions to the renowned park. Here you can find various rare species of Flora and Faunas.
This humbling experience is a perfect overnight getaway, giving you time to breathe and unwind in mother nature. You will be welcomed by our guide where your overland journey to SEV begins. Settle in to your lodging or alternatively take a refreshing dip in the river or rest on the hammock beside the river. After dinner, proceed to a nearby forested area for a night walk in the forest and spot unique species like glow in the dark mushrooms, snakes, stick insects and birds.
Wake up to the morning’s tranquility and prepare for an interesting day ahead. After breakfast, the Temuai, a traditional boat will take you to Ulu Temburong National Park through the meandering rivers
After you register, you will start your jungle trekking activity towards the canopy walk. Be prepared to meet exotic animals such as the Borneon Gibbon, squirrels, bushy crusted Hornbills, Wagler’s pit viper, rhinoceros hornbill and swiftlets are notable birds in the park. Also friendly residents are four hundred species of butterfly, some quite rare. Enjoy the postcard perfect exhilarating view as you stand 50 meters above ground and immerse yourself in the tranquil view of mountains of neighboring countries. On your way back, stop by one of the many waterfalls this area has to offer and treat yourself to a nature fish spa.
The Temuai will take you back to SEV where you will have your locally made and harvested lunch. Have some time to relax and pack up, with fond memories of your rainforest holiday, made possible by Sumbiling Eco Village!
- Forest night walk
- Guide for Ulu Temburong National Park excursion
- Ulu Temburong National Park Entrance fee
- Visit to Waterfall (subject to river and weather conditions)
- Use of eco village recreational facilities to be indicated by staff
- Accommodation in glamping tents, cabins, rooms
- Light refreshments, free flow of water at SEV
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Personal Toiletries
- Bamboo Chicken USD$22.00 per tube (required advanced booking)
- Water Tubing activities USD$10 per person
- Rainforest discovery trail
Additional Add-Ons to this tour might be available.
Terms & Conditions
Please read this carefully before you proceed to book with us. These terms and conditions are binding once the booking is confirmed by us.
- The operator and its affiliates exclude any liability for any discomfort, death or injury occurring within our premises or on tours conducted resulting from guest’s own negligence or from circumstances, natural or otherwise, beyond reasonable foresight of the operator.
- Guests are expected to show respect for the natural environment by refraining from destruction or removal of flora, fauna or other components, unless otherwise permitted, and with the knowledge of the guides in attendance. Guests are also expected to strictly adhere to safety regulations and directions from the guides at all times during the duration of the tour.
- As an outdoor trip, itinerary and times indicated are subject to change
without notice, as trips may be affected by rain, heat, high or low
water levels in the river, and guests’ fitness levels which might affect
the speed of mobility.
- Meals are prepared with local style and consist of chicken, fish & assorted vegetables, unless otherwise pre-requested and agreed upon between operator and guest. Guests observing a vegetarian regime, or other dietary preferences are to make their preferences known at the time of booking in order for suitable meals to be prepared, to the best effort of
- All payments must be made in full upon confirmation of the booking request and NO Refund will be provided for “NO SHOW” or any unused portion of tour and/or accommodation once booking is confirmed.